Parrish-Era Photo of the Rogers Mansion
This photo of the Rogers Mansion was taken during the ownership and occupancy of Samuel Parrish. It is believed that this photo was taken circa the early 1900s. Noted features of this photograph depict a series of vertical-striped awnings placed over a selection of windows, as well as the music room addition on the right-hand side of the house.
Shortly after his purchase of the Rogers Mansion from Dr. Nugent in 1899, Samuel Parrish arranged for a multitude of additions to be built as well as interior changes. One such motivation for his renovations was due to hosting many family visitors and distinguished guests relating to the arts and theater. One of the most notable additions he made, as pictured here, is indeed the one-story music room on the south side of the mansion.