top of page
Fordham & Elliston Paint Shop
17 Meeting House Lane, Southampton, NY 11968
The gabled trade store was built during the 1880’s as the Dunwell Paint Shop and was converted later into a tavern called John Hen's Place. It was moved to the Rogers Mansion property in the 1950’s from its original Southampton location on Jobs Lane near Agawam Park, just down the road. The building was then furnished as an exhibit with the contents of a paint store called Fordham & Elliston, which was in business for many years on Jobs Lane about one block from the Rogers Mansion. To this day, an Elliston descendant named John Griffin helps to maintain the building.
bottom of page