top of page
17 Meeting House Lane, Southampton, NY 11968
The Carpenter's Shop c. 2015
Our Carpenter’s Shop exhibit is housed within a building that was originally located near West Main Street directly behind where Hildreth’s Department Store is located and was built sometime around 1890. Its original use has been lost to time, but it may have been used as some kind of workshop. Until in 1963 a new parking lot was constructed, and the building was moved to the grounds of the History Museum for safekeeping.
The Carpenter's Shop in its original location near West Main Street behind Hildreth's
Today the building is dressed to be that of a carpenter’s shop displaying the various tools that a carpenter from the mid to late 1800’s would have used.
**more info to come**
bottom of page